xsl-list

RE: 'fn:normalize-space', but with 0 or 1 heading/trailing space

2005-12-27 13:47:11
Use concat() to add a non-space character (e.g. "#") fore and aft, then
apply normalize-space(), then strip off the leading and trailing "#" using
substring().

Or in XPath 2.0, just do replace($in, '\s+', ' ')

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/

-----Original Message-----
From: Florent Georges [mailto:darkman_spam(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)fr]
Sent: 27 December 2005 17:29
To: XSL Mulberry list
Subject: [xsl] 'fn:normalize-space', but with 0 or 1
heading/trailing space

  Hi

  I need a function similar to 'fn:normalize-space', but
that not strip the heading and leading space if present
(more precisely I want one space if one or more heading or
leading whitespace is present).

  Do I need to code this entire function from scratch, or
to use 'fn:normalize-space' and add myself a space if I
detect any whitespace, or to... use a better solution?

  Regards,

--drkm

--~--