xsl-list

XSLT newbie looking for an easy to use processor (java)

2005-12-22 05:58:09
I'm new to this list so first off: Hi everybody :-)
As the topic already states I'm looking for an easy to use XSLT processor (in
Java), it doesn't have to be very smart or anything, here's a brief description
of what I want to use it for:
I want to pass an XML string and a corresponding XSLT description to it, which
is used to sort of parse the XML string. The XML string will contain a number
of items/elements (like name, phone and so on) and there are a number of XSLT
descriptions, one for each parameter, to sort of crop the string so it will
only contain the needed parameter. So all I need is a XSLT processor which is
easy to use, accepts an XML string for input and returns another string as a
result.
(Additionally :
In case the result of an XSL transformation should contain more than just one
item it should be possible to define a delimiter for the result string so I can
distinguish the items (I can't think of an appropriate example ... let's say
there are two items called "Name" in the XML string ;P)

As I mentioned in the headline I really don't know much about XSLT (I'm working
on it though) so I hope you can help me out on this :)

regards

Chriss