xsl-list

RE: Debugging XSLT + Introduction

2005-12-20 07:42:34
Thomas,
        I would suggest try Stylus Studio, as it has some good debugging
features and a choice of built in XSLT processors.

R.

Ryan Puddephatt
Web Developer
TFX Group
1 Michaelson Square
Livingston
West Lothian
Scotand
EH54 7DP

* rpuddephatt(_at_)teleflex(_dot_)com
( 01506 407 110
7  01506 407 108

-----Original Message-----
From: thomas(_dot_)maciejewski(_at_)sgcib(_dot_)com
[mailto:thomas(_dot_)maciejewski(_at_)sgcib(_dot_)com]
Sent: 20 December 2005 14:38
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: [xsl] Debugging XSLT + Introduction

I just wanted  to introduce myself.   My name is Tom and I am a Java
programmer for a bank in NYC.     I am currently working on a reporting
framework ( well sort of framework )  that was done by a consulting team
and left to us to support and to create new reports.   We get data passed
to us from a vendor solution which we need to format into html and pdf (
using FO ).   I have done some XSLT 1.0 for reformatting XML and extracting
and replacing data using XPATH mostly from within java.   I also used
velocity to produce XML using templates.

I am really, as you can see,  not a pro at XSLT 2.0 and am sort of learning
under fire.   I want to thank you all for your patience with my questions.

One of the comments/ questions that I have is that I am having problems
debugging XSLT.   With Java or most other programming languages I could
step through with a debugger or add debug statements.   Could you recommend
a good way to approach debugging problematic XSLTs?

Regards,

Tom Maciejewski

This message and any attachments (the "message") are confidential and
intended solely for the addressees.
E-mails are susceptible to alteration.
Neither SOCIETE GENERALE nor any of its subsidiaries or affiliates
shall be liable for the message if altered, changed or falsified.

--~--