xsl-list

RE: ACCESSING SPECIFIC CDATA FIELD

2005-12-13 09:29:33
At 4:09 PM +0000 12/13/05, Michael Kay wrote:
"Fellows"? What about the women on this list?

Where I work ...

Where do you work?

In the UK, all the professional societies have
Fellows of either sex, as do
the Oxbridge colleges, and many other bodies. This
has been the conventional
term for many years: in this context, "Fellow" is no
more masculine than
"Doctor" or "Professor". By origin, it simply means
"companion".

These things vary by culture: you need to make
allowances.

You are right. I was hasty and had not thought of
that. I apologize. (Also, I should not have sent such
an off-topic message to the list. )