xsl-list

Re: Attribute value (...when false)

2005-12-08 11:32:47
David,

Thanks for your response. I used // because tables can
appear in two other sections/parts of the documents.
Anyway those elements will not appear whenever
"SoftwareDocInfo" is used. And yes, I understand that
// searches the entire document.

I only want the "entry" elements that appear in
SoftwareDocInfo/table, so using the //entry was an
error, which I have now changed to /entry. The result
is almost the same.

The productID/productname appears in the document once
and I used // because it is not a child of the
template that it is used in the XSL.

* I do not have ["productname"]
* I do not have ["productname"]

The productID/productname appears in the document once
and I used // because it is not a child of the
template that it is used in in the XSL.

Thanks again,

H Burke

<xsl:for-each select="//SoftwareDocInfo/table">
   <xsl:for-each select="tgroup/tbody/row/entry">
      <fo:block font-size="17pt">
         <xsl:choose>
            <xsl:when test="/entry and
not(@symbol='rec') and(@symbol='def')
or(@symbol='none') or(@symbol='exp')">
                <fo:block space-before="3mm">
                   <fo:external-graphic content-width=".2in"
src="img/squ-bx.png"/>
                   <xsl:text>&#160; I do not have</xsl:text>
                   <xsl:value-of select="//productID/productname"/>
                </fo:block>
            </xsl:when>
            <xsl:otherwise>TEST</xsl:otherwise>
         </xsl:choose>
      </fo:block>
   </xsl:for-each><!--table/tgroup/tbody/row/entry-->
</xsl:for-each><!--SoftwareDocInfo/table-->

The desire output when the value of symbol is not
'rec' is:

* I do not have [value of "productname" goes here]

This is the current output from the above snippet:

* I do not have ["productname"]
* I do not have ["productname"]

--- David Carlisle <davidc(_at_)nag(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk> wrote:

// is an expensive operation.

<xsl:for-each select="//SoftwareDocInfo/table">
that searches the entire document for
SoftwareDocInfo elements, then
selects table elements

            <xsl:when test="//entry and
This tests if there is an entry anywhere in the
docucument (not
necessarily in this table)

                 <xsl:value-of
select="//productID/productname"/>
This uses the first productID/productname in the
document  (which may or
may not be what you want, I can't tell)

David

This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses by
Star. The
service is powered by MessageLabs. For more
information on a proactive
anti-virus service working around the clock, around
the globe, visit:
http://www.star.net.uk

--~--