xsl-list

RE: ordering nodes

2006-01-31 08:30:20
At 06:59 PM 1/30/2006, "bokluk" <bokluk(_at_)gmx(_dot_)net> wrote:
Small example pls... I google about directory() the function is so called...
it creates xml with directory listing and should be placed in sitemap as far
I understood... but how can I use this to solve my problem...

Hi,

This is really a Cocoon question, not an XSLT question. There are plenty of helpful people using Cocoon who can give you hints. Check out

http://www.planetcocoon.com/forum

and if you don't find anything, try asking the Cocoon users' list (see the bottom of that page).

XSLT/XPath doesn't have a directory() function; that's all Cocoon's own code.

In general, you'll find that document() and related functions like collection() aren't going to work very well (if at all) in Cocoon, which provides its own integrated architecture for running transforms, and accordingly finds some of the restrictions in the specification of these functions difficult for it to manage. Instead it provides other features that can be used instead, such as the ability to extract the results of XPath "queries" into documents and provide the results to a transform, or aggregate two or more documents (or query result sets) into a single input to a transform. These work fine, as long as you code accordingly.

Cheers,
Wendell

-----Original Message-----
From: David Carlisle [mailto:davidc(_at_)nag(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk]
Sent: Tuesday, January 31, 2006 12:29 AM
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: Re: [xsl] ordering nodes

> Cocoon does not understand "collection()". Any other ideas?

cocoon isn't an XSLT processor, it's a server side publishing
framework. By default it uses xalan as its xslt processor (and to be
honest that's the only way I've used it) but it is possible to configure
it to use a different one, eg saxon8 which being an XSLT2 processor
implements collection(). googling around the cocoon docs will lead you to
the right place to set this up.

alternatively sticking with xslt1, rather than use collection() you can
use xslt1 document() function, giving it as argument a node set
containing references to all the xml files in a directory. If I remember
correctly cocoon comes with a standard directory listing filter that
provides an xml view of a directory that can be used as input for this.

David

--~--

--~--

Wendell Piez