xsl-list

RE: Floating point precision error

2006-01-26 17:45:48

Michael, if you don't mind me asking, how do you explicitly
set the precision? It's not something to do with xs:float() and
xs:double() is it? I tried them out but it seems they're not
supported.

XSLT 2.0 allows you to use xs:float(...) to get a value as a single
precision floating point number. (Why anyone wants to use 32-bit floats in
the 21st century is beyond me, but they're in XSLT because they're in schema
and they're in schema because they're in SQL...)

Oh and as I mentioned, I only got this on SunOS. Would it have
something to do with the OS?

You'll have to ask the Xalan folks about that.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/