xsl-list

RE: html tables with XSL

2006-01-24 08:28:43
Hi Charls,

Am not sure the below mail is clear for you.
Otherwise, please let me know. If could help to
resolve the problem, then it should be very much
appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,
Deepak

--- Deepak <deepak_vn(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)com> wrote:

Hi Charls,

In your sample data you have this element:

<elementid>Template[0]/NAME[0]/Value</elementid>

Its just an identifier rather than actual value. The
actual value will be inside a editbox or it may be
as
in normal element shown in the xml file.

I feel <elementid> is the just an identifier to
identify the value. The html table will display
caption:value(s) for 'template[0]' in the first
column, next column is caption:value(s) for element
id
'profile[0]'.

The only difference is , if there is more than one
profile(say profile[1], profile[2]), then it should
be
 displayed nextrow with same caption:value pair for
the template[0] and next column is filled with
caption:value(s) for element id 'profile[1]'.

<FormElements>
 <FormElement version="0.1">
   <value>
     <editbox password="false">Sam</editbox>
   </value>
   <caption>Name</caption>
   <elementid>Template[0]/NAME[0]/Value</elementid>
 </FormElement>
 <FormElement version="0.1">
   <value>
     <editbox password="false">Test</editbox>
   </value>
   <caption>Org</caption>
   <elementid>Template[0]/NAME[1]/Value</elementid>
 </FormElement>
 <FormElement version="0.1">
   <value>VALUEx0<value>
   <caption>KeyName </caption>
   <elementid>Profile[0]/KeyValueString</elementid>
 </FormElement>
 <FormElement version="0.1">
   <value>VALUEx1<value>
   <caption>KeyStrength</caption>
   <elementid>Profile[0]/KeyValueInteger</elementid>
 </FormElement>
  <FormElement version="0.1">
   <value>VALUEy0<value>
   <caption>KeyName</caption>
   <elementid>Profile[1]/KeyValueString</elementid>
 </FormElement>
 <FormElement version="0.1">
   <value>VALUEy1<value>
   <caption>KeyStrength</caption>
   <elementid>Profile[1]/KeyValueInteger</elementid>
 </FormElement>
 <FormElement version="0.1">
   <value>VALUEy2<value>
   <caption>KeyUsage</caption>
   <elementid>Profile[1]/KeyValueString</elementid>
 </FormElement>
</FormElements>

HTML display may looks like :

Name               Keys
--------------------------------
Name:Sam   KeyName    : Valuex0
Org :US    KeyStrength: Valuex1

--------------------------------
Name: Sam  KeyName     : Valuey0
Org : US   KeyStrength : Valuey1
           KeyUsage    : Valuey2

I hope , it may clear for you. Thanks for helping me
to solve the problem.

Thanks and Regards,Deepak

--- cknell(_at_)onebox(_dot_)com wrote:

In your sample data you have this element:

<elementid>Template[0]/NAME[0]/Value</elementid>

In your schematic version of your desired output,
get the impression that you want to evaluate the
string that is the text of the <elementid> element
as if it were an XPath expression rather than
reproducing the text itself. Is that correct?
--
Charles Knell
cknell(_at_)onebox(_dot_)com - email