xsl-list

RE: File vs URL

2006-01-23 02:01:30
This xsl:document element appears to be based on something that was in the
abandoned XSLT 1.1 draft. (In 2.0 it's been renamed xsl:result-document.) I
don't think the specs will give you much help in discovering how libxslt
inteprets it -- though IIRC they do say that href must be a URL, which means
it can't contain spaces -- but you're better off going to a libxslt forum
for advice on this.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/

-----Original Message-----
From: Kaila Kaarle [mailto:Kaarle(_dot_)Kaila(_at_)nice(_dot_)fi]
Sent: 23 January 2006 07:15
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: [xsl] File vs URL

Hello,

I have a problem converting my xml to a Word 2003 xml document. The
problem and my solution I described in

http://www.biglist.com/lists/xsl-list/archives/200601/msg00111.html

 So far it's been funtioning OK in my own tests but my users found
problem with pathnames. In this I would appreciate help.

I use libxslt/libxml with XSLT 1.0 with some XSLT 1.1 features

My stylesheet has a variable tmpname that contains the string:
C:/DATA/My Music//pavetest_files/tmp.xml

--------------
First I create an xml file with this:

<xsl:document href="{$tmpname}">
  <dict>
    <entry>
      <xsl:call-template name="raport"/>
    </entry>
  </dict>
</xsl:document>
-----------------

Then I (try to) process the tmp.xml with this:

<xsl:apply-templates select="document($tmpname)"/>
----------------------

This all works fine if there are no spaces or non-usascii
characters in
tmpname
E.g. C:/DATA/MyMusic//pavetest_files/tmp.xml  is ok but
C:/DATA/My Music//pavetest_files/tmp.xml fails.

The tmp.xml is created in both cases but is not found in the
case where
pathname contains a space.

Is this a problem in libxslt or can I do something to convert the
tmpname to a url that the document function would understand?

I need also some other files from the folder (pavetest_files) such as
images.

Regards
Kaarle Kaila

--~--