xsl-list

Re: eXSLT date:add template

2006-01-16 08:30:45
Fraser Goffin wrote:

(snipped)
Here endDate is shown as the 27th Feb. One might expect this to be the
28th, but it all depends on whether adding 1 year to the 29th Feb
should be 28th Feb in the following year or 01 March. The
implementation takes the position that it should be 28th Feb and
therefore, subtracting 1 day yields 27th.

This seems reasonable.

BUT, if I use a startDate of 2004-2-28 I will also get the same
result. H'mm now I'm not so sure, maybe adding 1 year to 29th February
SHOULD be 01 March after all ??

Comments

I think M Kay comments are spot on here.

there are many non-intuitive results with date arithmetic

i tend to start here for any discussion with ISO 8601
http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mgk25/iso-time.html

gl, Jim Fuller