xsl-list

keeping text together in PDF

2006-01-16 08:11:46
Hi all,

I have a problem with an XML Document that is being rendered to PDF, using
AntennaHouse.  The XML contains the following text:
for Sand Castings is .125"

When the document is rendered to PDF, the . (period) gets separated from
the 125".  I discovered that a way around this is to create the fo document
as follows:
<fo:block>
      ....for Sand Castings is <fo:inline keep-together.within-line="always
">.125"</fo:inline>
</fo:block>

This is what I need to know:  Is there any way (using XSL 1.0) to surround
a string that contains '.n(1-5)" ' with an fo:inline element?  Or will I
have to add and element to the XML so that the user can specify which text
need to be kept on the same line?

Thanks

Nadia Swaby
Knowledge Management, Plant #22