xsl-list

RE: any progress or suggestions on an xslt base64 decoder?

2006-01-11 02:24:21
Base64 as a data type is supported in XSLT 2.0/XPath 2.0, and Saxon includes
some extension functions designed to make it more useful.

But I've no idea what you mean by "floating point text"!

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Gilbert
[mailto:michael(_dot_)s(_dot_)gilbert(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com]
Sent: 11 January 2006 01:37
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: [xsl] any progress or suggestions on an xslt base64 decoder?

Hello all,

I am attempting to create an xslt document that will translate base64
characters to human-readable floating point text (to support viewing
via a web browser).

I was able to come across this work

http://gandhimukul.tripod.com/base64encoder.xsl
http://gandhimukul.tripod.com/datamap.xml

which looks interesting, but not very well commented or simple.

Has there been any work toward supporting base64 conversion natively
in a future xslt spec?  Any thoughts or suggestions are greatly
appreciated.  Thank you.

Mike Gilbert

--~--