xsl-list

Re: ENTITY declaration

2006-01-09 15:32:45
George Cristian Bina <george(_at_)oxygenxml(_dot_)com> wrote:

 so I must be doing something horribly wrong

No, I think it's just that nxml mode doesn't read DTD syntax so
doesn't see your entity definition.

nxml should work with an entity declaration without problems, the
problem is that the entity declaration is wrong, as I said in my
previous reply there is an equal instead of space in the entity
declaration.

thanks all. it appears i'm not the only one that missed the equals
sign ;-) and nxml-mode is right once again! i've used various emacs
programming modes for quite some time now and i have to say nxml-mode
is up there with the best of them.

someone wondered why i want to use '&content;' in place of
<xsl:value-of select='.' />, especially given that i have nxml-mode's
autocompletion features to hand.  well, the main reason is that
visually it's a hundred times easier to spot.  you can tell at a
glance where the element content is being included, and secondly, it's
a less error prone sequence of letters to type.  even with nxml-mode
checking for validity as you type, and making use of it's
autocompletion features where possible, errors still creep in and are
hard to spot.  the one thing nxml-mode doesn't do is tell you exactly
where your document becomes invalid.

the main reason though is the visual one.

sdt