xsl-list

RE: Re: Trouble understanding how to use replace()

2006-01-06 09:33:12
Bingo! Yes it was my mail system, and no, it isn't Outlook. It's a web-based
service called Onebox, and from time to time I have had similar problems.

Thanks.
--
Charles Knell
cknell(_at_)onebox(_dot_)com - email

-----Original Message-----
From:     David Carlisle <davidc(_at_)nag(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk>
Sent:     Fri, 6 Jan 2006 16:28:49 GMT
To:       xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject:  Re: [xsl] Trouble understanding how to use replace()

That was one of the permutations I tried, but since it gave me the
same error message,

  "Error on line 20 of file:/X:/PROJEC~1/MATRIX~1/xslt/NEFCF7~1.XSL:
  SXXP0003: Error reported by XML parser: Whitespace required before
  attributes
  Failed to compile stylesheet. 1 error detected."

see as the message says, the error comes from the xml parser, so before
xslt or its xpath regexp engine have even seen the file.

what else could be the problem?

The version I posted was well formed, I'D guess that you didn't catch
all the cases where you had a " in a "-delimited attribute value.

What exactly is on line 20 of
file:/X:/PROJEC~1/MATRIX~1/xslt/NEFCF7~1.XSL

The version that you posted back was not well formed. i think that your
mail system (outlook??) tried to be clever and so lied to you.

I posted

select="replace(req-text,'AMPquot;','''')"

where AMP was an &

you posted back

select="replace(req-text,'"','''')"

which has a literal " in the middle of a "-delimited value.

I would guess that you mailer thought it was being helpful by showing
you
& q u o t ; as "

People should be forced to use emacs for mail (and everything else:-)

David

--~--