xsl-list

How can you turn off xslt reserved tags?

2006-01-04 19:59:09
Hi,

I'm using XSLT 1.0, using DOM to parse in my java app, and I have the
following issue:

- parse XML file with XSL, output set to html
- one of my tags in my HTML will be for an applet, for example:

<applet ...>
        <param name="foo" value="bar">
</applet>

- In XSL, param is a reserved tag.  This is a problem because I don't
want to have to make this well formed.  Not only that, XSLT processor
also complains about param tags in my XSL page that contain something
like the following:

<param name="someName" value="<xsl:value-of select="some/value"/>">

XSL doesn't allow me to have a value-of tag nested here.

Does anyone know how to turn XSL's param tag off - or how can I output
it to my own formatting and nested tags as shown above?

Thx,
- Noah

designated recipient(s) named above.  If you are not the intended recipient of
this message you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination,
communication is for information purposes only and should not be regarded as an
offer to sell or as a solicitation of an offer to buy any financial product, an
official confirmation of any transaction, or as an official statement of Lehman
Brothers.  Email transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free.
Therefore, we do not represent that this information is complete or accurate
and it should not be relied upon as such.  All information is subject to change
without notice.
--------
IRS Circular 230 Disclosure:
Please be advised that any discussion of U.S. tax matters contained within this
communication (including any attachments) is not intended or written to be used
and cannot be used for the purpose of (i) avoiding U.S. tax related penalties
or (ii) promoting, marketing or recommending to another party any transaction
or matter addressed herein.