xsl-list

Re: exclude-result-prefixes not removing the xmlns attribute in the root element

2006-01-03 04:48:20
On 1/3/06, Florent Georges <darkman_spam(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)fr> wrote:
Juergen Donnerstag wrote:

May be I wasn't clear. I do not want to remove the namespace
prefix from all elements and attributes. I just want to
remove xmlns:wicket="http://wicket..."; from the root tag

  But if you copy nodes from within this namespace, you still need in
the output tree the namespace declaration.

This is true, but because the output will be inserted into a html
document (it is only a fraction of the whole html document which
already contains the xmlns:wicket="http://..."; definition), than it is
not needed. i thought this is what exclude-result-prefixes is about,
but it does do what I thought it does.

Juergen

--drkm

--~--