xsl-list

Testing the value of a variable

2006-01-01 06:56:49

Hi all,

I am having some trouble with a stylesheet and was hoping you will be able to
help.

I have an element with a value in that I want to test various parts of like the
one below:

<command position="236">1B286C02003400</command>

In my stylesheet I have variables, one which will hold the entire value and the
other that will take the part of the string that I am interested in:

<xsl:variable name="command" select="."/>

<xsl:variable name="A" select="substring($command, 11,2)"/>

Both of these appear to work as I would expect ? $command returns
1B286C02003400 and $A returns 34.

So then I test A:

<xso:if test="'$A'='34'">

        <out>

            <xso:value-of select="Sets ?"/>

        </out>

</xso:if>

<xso:if test="A='34'">

        <out>

            <xso:value-of select="Sets ?"/>

        </out>

</xso:if>

Neither of these tests return true and I don?t understand why. If anyone has
any ideas I?d be grateful,

Thanks

Clare