xsl-list

Re: Can't figure out why this javascript isn't working in my XSLT

2006-02-24 18:04:32
replace this:

<SCRIPT src="(path)/link-parser.js" type=text/javascript> </SCRIPT>

with this:
<SCRIPT src="(url)/link-parser.js" type=text/javascript><!-- --></SCRIPT>

I had the same problem (Tomcat 5.5.12) which seems to resolve itself if the SCRIPT tag has a nonempty body. I have no idea why this is.
I use a comment as the body to prevent problems with upgrades later.

Bruso, John wrote:

I have two pages that are built from the same code.. one is just Basic HTML and the other is an XSL application.
One of my JavaScripts is working correctly for the basic HTML version, but  is
not working correctly for my XSLT version.

FYI: The script takes the variable uP_fname=eservices-outlook from the URL and
places inside a hidden field within the login form.

Basic HTML Version
http://www.sheridan.edu/uportal/login/index.htm?uP_fname=eservices-outlook

JS Code: <!-- ====== BEGIN DEEP LOGGIN CODE ======== -->
<SCRIPT src="http://www.sheridan.edu/uportal/login/index_files/link-parser.js";
type=text/javascript> </SCRIPT>

<SCRIPT>
var args = parseQueryString ();
var myValue = args["uP_fname"]; alert (myValue);
</SCRIPT>
<!-- ====== END DEEP LOGGIN CODE ================ -->

XSLT Version
https://portal.sheridan.edu:8443/Portal/render.userLayoutRootNode.uP?uP_fname=eservices-outlook

JS files: <script type="text/javascript"
src="https://portal.sheridan.edu:8443/Portal/media/edu/vt/portal/layout/TabPageColumn/InlineCustomization/scripts/link-parser.js";>
</script><script type="text/javascript"
src="https://portal.sheridan.edu:8443/Portal/media/edu/vt/portal/layout/TabPageColumn/InlineCustomization/scripts/link-parsed-variable.js";>
 </script>

You'll notice the JavaScript Alert prompt pop up right away for the Basic HTML
version... but not for the XSLT....

Is there something wrong with my syntax? Or did I just miss something silly?

I don't understand.

Thanks,

John

--~--