xsl-list

Re: xsl:for - Only for existing nodes, how?

2006-02-21 10:16:57
Hi David,

Thank you again for your reply, you helped a lot

Liron

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Carlisle" <davidc(_at_)nag(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk>
To: <xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com>
Sent: Tuesday, February 21, 2006 6:10 PM
Subject: Re: [xsl] xsl:for - Only for existing nodes, how?

Wouldn't it act just the same? I'm talking in a performance sense.

No, your solution tests that there is an item1 and if so outputs item1
and item2 (the latter may be empty) mine checked that there was an item
1 and an item2.

If you have

<control>
 <item1><data>x</data></item1>
</control>

your solution would output x but mine would output nothing as there is
no item2. I can't say which you need though.

David