xsl-list

Re: Slower performance of compiled stylesheets with Saxon on poor hardware?

2006-02-21 05:10:50
On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 12:55:35, cavecatem(_at_)directbox(_dot_)com
<cavecatem(_at_)directbox(_dot_)com> wrote:
Hi all,

our  server happens to be rather old and poorly equipped with RAM (and there
is a database and a lot of other stuff running on it). So I tried compiled
stylesheets to improve the performance of the XSLT transformation (Solaris
with saxon8b) and got the rather odd result that compiled stylesheets took 2
to 4 seconds longer than the transformation with the uncompiled stylesheet
(i.e. 10-12 for the uncompiled and 13-15 for the compiled stylesheet.

Anyone else noticed this phenomen?

Are you sure you are re-using the compiled stylesheet for each
transform and not re-compiling it each time?