xsl-list

RE: possible nested loops

2006-02-16 00:01:32

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 08:07:45 -0000 (GMT)
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
From: garry(_at_)skegnessgrammar(_dot_)org
Subject: RE: [xsl] possible nested loops

                        ......cut....

                        I need to return each country's data as one block
before the next. When I
                        use code such as that on page 615 of Michael Kay's book
- XSLT 2 (fill in
                        the blanks type) I can get the country name to repeat:

                        <xsl:for-each select="//country">
                        <xsl-if test="name"><input name="country.name:records"
                        value="{name}"></xsl-if>
                        </xsl-for-each>

                        But when I use another for-each loop inside this I get
spurious results
                        when applied to an xml document containing 2 pupil
records and if I apply
                        it to my 800 plus record xml doc, Oxygen runs out of
memory and xmlSpy
                        dies during the transformation.
                        I am on another machine here so I can't post the
original docs at present
                        but will do later if it would help.
                        regards
                        garry

                        ------------------------------
Altova is working on improving performance in the engines. However, regardless
of how large a machine is and how efficient the code, there will always be an
example that is too large. If you could send your example files to Altova
Support, or post a location where they can be found we could take a look at it.
regards
margaret

... Margaret A. Grün-Kerr
... Quality Assurance Engineer
... Altova GmbH

Altova®  accelerates  application development  and  data management
projects with software,  services and  solutions  that enhance pro-
ductivity and maximize results. Uncover why Altova is the choice of
over 2 million developers worldwide! Look into www.altova.com today
XML Suite:  XMLSpy  MapForce StyleVision  SemanticWorks SchemaAgent
Developer Tools: UModel DiffDog  FREE: Authentic,  AltovaXML engine
NEW in v2006:  Advanced standards compliance,  XSLT 2.0, XPath 2.0,
XQuery 1.0,  Legacy text file parsing, Web Services implementation,
Semantic Web,  RDF / OWL editor,  VS.Net 2005 & Eclipse 3.1 support

Altova,  XMLSpy, MapForce, StyleVision, SemanticWorks, SchemaAgent,
UModel,  DiffDog,  ACXE,  AltovaXML,  and Authentic  are trademarks
and/or registered trademarks of Altova GmbH in the United States of
America, the European Union, and numerous other countries.
The information transmitted in this message and/or as an attachment
to it  is intended  only for the  person or  entity to  which it is
addressed and may contain confidential  and/or privileged material.
Any  review,  retransmission,  dissemination  or  other use of,  or
taking of any action in reliance upon,  this information by persons
or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you
received this in error,  please contact  the sender  and delete the
material from any computer.  Altova GmbH  and  Altova, Inc.  do not
accept legal responsibility  for the contents of this message.  Any
views or opinions  presented are solely  those of the author and do
not  necessarily  represent those of  Altova GmbH and  Altova, Inc.
unless otherwise specifically stated. Thank you!