xsl-list

Handling CDATA element

2006-02-09 09:21:44
Hi all,

I have a question regarding the CDATA element.

My problem is the following. I have a rss feed like:
http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?view=rss&pid=12310000&fixfor=12310040&resolutionIds=-1&sorter/field=priority&sorter/order=DESC&tempMax=25&reset=true&decorator=none
that returns something like:

<description><![CDATA[html-to-document.xsl no longer converts content to
an XDoc. Instead it renders converts documents to XDoc, instead it
allows H1, H2 etc. elements to pass through.

]]></description>

Now in my xsl I have something like the following to preserve the markup
of the cdata (it can contain any html markup).
<xsl:value-of select="description" disable-output-escaping="yes" />

If you remove @disable-output-escaping then it will transformed to
&lt;br&gt;

That looses the markup information but result in well-formed markup. I
prefer well-formed over well-presented, but best would be both. ;-)

I am unsure how to fix that, has somebody an idea?

TIA for any informations

salu2
--
thorsten