xsl-list

Decoding images saved as wordprocessingML

2006-02-08 02:38:53
Hi list

I am trying to find XSLT templates that can decode images saved in
wordprocessingML without the need of using extensions.

I have tried the "tkachenko" extension,
http://www.tkachenko.com/blog/archives/000556.html, and it works well using
".net 2.0" XSLT processor in OXYGEN. JPG, gif and PNG inserted into a MS
Word document, and saved as wordprocessingML, is decoded and saved as
external files instantly (gif as PNG).

I am desperately trying to get the "generic" solution of Mukul Gandhi
working,
http://www.biglist.com/lists/xsl-list/archives/200601/msg00246.html. It
works well when I am testing small pieces of some string encoded in base64,
but I have not been able to decode images saved in wordprocessingML. Or
rather: It looks like the decoding is working, but the result does not work
as images.

What is the right way to do it, using the xsl and xml files of Mukul Gandhi?
I have tried to save the decoded output text file as ".jpg", but it is not
working. I have tried to paste the decoded output text string into a text
editor and then saving it with the "jpg" extension, and it is not working.

Any help?

Best regards,
Jesper Tverskov