xsl-list

Re: Returning HTML tags from a function not working

2006-02-02 10:49:54

  So there is no way to generate a verbatim output of the contents of
  the "doc" tag.

The contents of the doc tag are the letters "doc". You mean the content
of the doc element.

  Seems to me, there must be some way to say that I need to copy everything in
an element as it is
  to the output (including the tags).

Not the tags but the element structure. As I said, you need an identity
template for that. google for xslt identity template. There is an
example in the xslt spec, one in dave p's xsl faq, and the archives of
this list have one most days.

A message yesterday on "Theory: Identity Transforms"  had two different
examples .

David