xsl-list

Re: Abstracting XSLT to generate multiple forms for the same

2006-02-02 07:50:42
On 2/1/06, Johnathon Wright <jw(_at_)llfitness(_dot_)com> wrote:
OK Here's my summary:

I want get the name of a field from the XML then test to see if that field
exists elsewhere in the XML and output the referenced field's data.

My first impulse would be to have a two step process: create a
stylesheet from the XML, then run the XML through the generated
stylesheet.

I've seen some others post ways of evaluating xpaths that are embedded
within XML input, so searching the archive might prove fruitful.  (Of
course, the terms might make it a little tricky)  I think evaluating a
XPATH string this way can be done via some extensions, but not sure
which specific ones.

If that isn't clear, here is a more detailed explanation of what I'm trying
to do. I'm essentially asking the same question, just with more words and
examples:

I hope it's the same, because I didn't have time to read it ;).

Jon Gorman