xsl-list

AW: XHTML to Cals table conversion

2006-03-01 06:53:19
Hi Andrew,

Ah, thanks for the information.
I already have a stylesheet for producing XHTML tables from the cals model.
Let's see if I can find an XHTML to Oasis conversion...

wbr,
Roman

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: andrew welch [mailto:andrew(_dot_)j(_dot_)welch(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 01. März 2006 14:39
An: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Betreff: Re: [xsl] XHTML to Cals table conversion

On 3/1/06, Huditsch, Roman (LNG-VIE)
<Roman(_dot_)Huditsch(_at_)lexisnexis(_dot_)at> wrote:
Hi,

I was just looking for a stylesheet, which can transform
XHTML to Cals
tables.
But I couldn't fin anything useful on the net.
Has anyone done such an XSLT yet? I just read that it is very
difficult to write one because of the raspan behavior of XHTML
tables....
Am thankful for any hint :)
Otherwise I'll have to try to write it myself :(

Converting an XHTML table to a CALS table should be
relatively straight forward, as I would think there's an
equivalent in CALS markup for every element/attribute in an
XHTML - eg rowspan in XHTML, morerows in CALS, so you should
be able to do a 1 for 1 mapping.

Going the other way, from CALS to XHTML is much much harder,
because CALS is so slack, so you're lucky there :)

You may find an XHTML -> Oasis conversion out there: the
Oasis table model is a simpler subset of Cals used by Docbook
(I think) so someone may have written one already (although
again, usually the conversion is the other way around).

cheers
andrew

--~--