xsl-list

Re: [xsl] XSL-FO Question, borders across pages

2006-03-08 19:32:33
At 2006-03-09 09:24 +0800, Jordan Soet wrote:
Hi, I'm new to xsl-fo and I have a question about a block with a border
crossing over a page. What I'm wondering is if it's possible for the border
to not close itself when it goes over the page, like this:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/-netochka-/107114818/ . Or, if there's any
other way to do this that doesn't involve blocks with borders, all I need is
the boxed text.

A conforming XSL-FO processor respects conditionality for the border on the edge of a column-break (for block-oriented constructs) and on the edge of a line-break (for inline-oriented constructs).

The default value for conditionality is discard, so the effect you want should have been the default, that is, that the box would be open at the bottom of the page. A conforming processor will only close-off the box at the end of the reference area when you set:

   border-width.conditionality="retain"

If you have that set and you want to restore the default of leaving an open edge at the break, you set:

   border-width.conditionality="discard"

If your processor is by default closing off the end of an area at the break of the reference area, then it sounds like it does not conform to the specification. If it doesn't conform, then I can't make any suggestions to have it act as you wish. If I've understood your requirement, the default will give you block borders that are not closed.

I hope this helps.

--
Today is the last day of registration for next week's hands-on XSL courses.

--
Upcoming XSLT/XSL-FO hands-on courses: Washington,DC 2006-03-13/17
G. Ken Holman                 mailto:gkholman(_at_)CraneSoftwrights(_dot_)com