xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Import or Include or...

2006-03-09 06:49:08
On 3/9/06, Nicholas Orr <nick(_at_)goya(_dot_)com(_dot_)au> wrote:
G'day,

I'm using xsl to create HTML pages out of a filemaker database.  For
the non xsl pages on this website I've been using SSI to break up the
pages into pieces that make it easier to maintain.

But because the xsl is being run processed and sent via the filemaker
server, it doesn't go through apache, and thus the SSI won't run.

Is there a way to do an include type command that will work in the
middle of a bunch of xsl?  I looked at include and import, but
they're only for the root node.  The pages I want to include are all
html only (so no xsl:stylesheet), but I've deliberately made sure
they are fully formed in their own right.

If possible I'd rather not have to add any xsl to the sub-files, as
they also need to work on the non-xsl pages.

If the HTML files are well-formed XML files, then just use:

<xsl:copy-of select="document('path to html file')"/>

cheers
andrew