xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Confused about entities

2006-03-14 08:37:11
On 14/03/06, Wendell Piez <wapiez(_at_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com> wrote:

But maybe you have the unescaping thing working and need to invoke
the entity declarations on the output to get it to parse properly --
that error message was upon parsing the *output*? (You're not the
only one confused now.)

Sorry bit of a cross-post there. It all clicks into place in my head
now. The second transform was encountering a problem (rather than the
first) because of the double escaping. Since I was using saxon:parse()
it was at that stage where it would try and resolve the entity and not
have a match for it hence why it was throwing an exception at that
stage rather than at any stage before. I did a replace though I
haven't searched for all of the HTML characters yet.

Thanks again,

Gary