xsl-list

Re: [xsl] XSL-FO and XSD Information request

2006-03-17 09:41:18
I've created a system that turns content stored in XML into PDF (through
XSLT to XSL-FO and then through FOP), Word (through XSLT to WordML), HTML
(throught XSLT), JavaHelp (through XSLT), and text (through XSLT).

So, what you have in mind can be done.

I believe it can be done through Cocoon, too, but I haven't yet had a client
who wanted me to do that, so I can't say from experience.

Jay Bryant
Bryant Communication Services

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kamal Bhatt" <kbhatt(_at_)tt(_dot_)com(_dot_)au>
To: <xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com>
Sent: Friday, March 17, 2006 1:47 AM
Subject: [xsl] XSL-FO and XSD Information request

Hi
I am trying to convince my co-workers that having XML schemas and word
docs is not necessary and that we should be encoding all information
about our XML interfaces in XSD. I would like to use XSD to specify the
schema information and let it format the word docs/pdfs/html etc. Is
XSL-FO up to the task? Documentation includes generation of sample XML,
information about constraints, names, etc. I could probably do this in
XSL, but I suspect that someone else out there has tried this and could
tell me how hard it is.

I know very little about XSL-FO, so if what I am suggesting is possible,
where can I get more information about the actual tranformation from XML
to formatted docs. That is, what tools actually format XML into word
docs/pdfs/html . Also, if there is anyone out there familiar with
cocoon, is it easy to do in cocoon (I would prefer not having two XSL's)?

Thanks.

--
Kamal Bhatt

--
Disclaimer: This email is confidential and may contain privileged
information for the sole use of the person or business to which it is

--~--