xsl-list

Re: [xsl] descendant-or-self XSLT 1.0

2006-03-20 07:56:58
George Cristian Bina wrote:

Florent Georges wrote:

  It's not only a bad practice.  You MUST NOT use such a
name.  <URL:http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml/#IDASK3S>:

    This specification does not constrain the semantics,
    use, or (beyond syntax) names of the element types
    and attributes, except that names beginning with a
    match to (('X'|'x')('M'|'m')('L'|'l')) are reserved
    for standardization in this or future versions of
    this specification.

I also thought that such names MUST NOT be used, but then
after a few discussions (on the Xerces list IIRC) I
clarified that such names can be used but it is not
recommended to use them

  Thanks for the precision.  My poor English is to blame,
here.  I understood than "this specification contraints that
names beginning with 'xml' are reserved for standardization",
so we can't never use them.

  Sorry for the noise.

  Regards,

--drkm