xsl-list

[xsl] msxml and removing parameters from a cached processor

2006-03-23 08:31:34
Hi,

Is there some way to remove parameters from a cached
'new ActiveXObject( 'Msxml2.XSLTemplate.3.0' )' XSL processor in JavaScript?

I see there is a reset method on the processor object, but the docs say that the method resets it to the state prior to the transform. But the params were set prior to the transform and in fact the rest method does not remove them.

I currently send a param array to a transformation function. I loop through it to add params -> then transform -> then loop through to set all the params to an empty string. This is not good mainly because there might be default parameter values in the XSL. I could walk the XSL's DOM to find the default param values, but it seems like overkill and thought I would ask if I am missing something.

Thanks,
-Rob