xsl-list

Re: [xsl] msxml and removing parameters from a cached processor

2006-03-23 11:31:44
Nick Fitzsimons wrote:
Hi,

Is there some way to remove parameters from a cached
'new ActiveXObject( 'Msxml2.XSLTemplate.3.0' )' XSL processor in
JavaScript?

From the MSXML documentation for addParameter:
<http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/xmlsdk/html/9ddcd728-2646-494a-8fa4-3b68e8c032b7.asp>

"To remove a parameter previously added to the processor, provide a value
of Empty or Null instead. This acts as a signal to the processor to remove
any previously added parameter of the same name."

Yea, I guess that is what I stumbled onto. I tried using null as a value, but it cause a JS error in IE (doesn't work).

It still sucks (for me) because I have to run a loop before and after the transform to add and remove the params. I would think the reset method would handle this, but it doesn't. I don't understand why the processor caches the parameter values in the first place.

-Rob

HTH,

Nick.