xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Conditional statements in XSLT

2006-03-24 12:07:56

The tricky thing here is that if the FILE/FILENAME tag (or any tag
under OUTPUT) exists under PARAMETERS, then the tag under PARAMETERS
should be overwritten by correspondent OUTPUT tag. In this case the
correct output should be the following:

XSLT has no access to the tags in the input document (they are not
reported by an XML parser). Don't use "tag" to mean element node, it just
leads to confusion.

If I understand what you did mean, I think you just want to stop some
child nodes of  PARAMETERS being copied so juts add a template something
like
<xsl:template match="/RESULT/PARAMETERS">
       <xsl:copy>
       <xsl:copy-of select="/RESULT/OUTPUT/*" />
<xsl:for-each seclect="*">
<xsl:if test="not(/RESULT/OUTPUT/*[name()=name(current())])">
       <xsl:apply-templates select="." />
</xsl:if>
       <xsl:copy>
</xsl:template>