xsl-list

Re: [xsl] I18N / UTF-8 versus US-ASCII

2006-04-04 03:55:23
On 4/4/06, Sangal, Amit (STSD) <amit(_dot_)sangal(_at_)hp(_dot_)com> wrote:
Is there any known disadvantage/limitation of using US-ASCII output
encoding?

Ah, I thought you had a display problem; the two '??' you see is
basically shown when character is *not* supported by your
browser/editor. Did you use your UTF-8 capable editor to view the
result for both in your original post?

As a means of transportation I don't think there should be any
problems as long as any part of your pipe doesn't try to be smart.

Alex
--
"Ultimately, all things are known because you want to believe you know."
                                                         - Frank Herbert