xsl-list

RE: [xsl] QName as attribute value: how to be sure the prefix will be bound?

2006-04-05 11:21:09
It's a bit unlikely that your stylesheet will ever see the inside of a
schema validator, but yes, it's a reasonable objection that it's a bad idea
to use xsi:type as a literal attribute (perhaps there are XML editors that
would get upset by it). But changing it to use xsl:attribute leaves the
intent of the example intact, I think. An alternative would be to use a
namespace alias for "xsi".

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/

-----Original Message-----
From: Florent Georges [mailto:darkman_spam(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)fr]
Sent: 05 April 2006 19:02
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: RE: [xsl] QName as attribute value: how to be sure
the prefix will be bound?

Michael Kay wrote:

Example: Constructing a QName-Valued Attribute

http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt20/#creating-attributes

  As simple as that.  I don't find it :-(.  Thanks.

  In this example, a literal attribute is used.  I personnaly used
xsl:attribute to create it, 'cause when we see the XSLT script as an
XML document, the 'data' element (in the example you pointed) has an
@xsi:type saying it is an integer:

    <data xsi:type="xs:integer"
          xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance";>
      <xsl:namespace name="xs"
                     select="'http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema'"/>
      <xsl:text>42</xsl:text>
    </data>

but its content is a complex content.  What do you think?

  Thanks for the response.  Regards,

--drkm

--~--