xsl-list

[xsl] xsltproc and multiple input files

2006-04-10 08:38:32
I'm using this syntax:

xsltproc   ../xslt/update-phys-interfaces.xsl    /tmp/foo2.xml
../etc/server.xml

where the two XML files have different root elements:

foo2.xml root is <physDiscoveredInterfaceTable>
server.xml root is <server>

both files having <?xml version="1.0"?> as their first line.

I want to access elements in the first XML file from templates matching
elements in the second XML file.  I'd like to use syntax like this while
processing templates matching elements in the <server> node tree:

   <xsl:when test="(physInterfaceBus =
//physDiscoveredInterfaceTable/physDiscoveredInterfaceTableRow/physDiscoveredInterfaceBus)">

rather than use the document() function to load a file directly.  I've
experimented with piping XML streams through to xsltproc and it works
well, so I'd rather not first write out a file with a known name, then
have my stylesheet pick it up (then delete the file after processing --
the foo2.xml is an intermediate, code-generated file that is not permanent.

Any help is greatly appreciated.