xsl-list

[xsl] Can we have a <xsl:attribute> inside a <xsl:variable>?

2006-04-14 14:03:26
Hey guys,

I've a question: Can we have a <xsl:attribute> inside
a <xsl:variable>?

I'm trying to do something like this: I've to set a
variable depending on a condition that if $var1 is
null or not. If I can directly set the value of var1,
that could have been ideal. Since I cannot reassign
another value to the variable after it was
declared/initialized in XSL, I'm trying to do that
with the following workaround. But I'm not sure if I
can use an <xsl:attribute> with in the <xsl:variable>.
Again if its possible, is there a way that I can
assign the values of $var1 or $var2 to prefix, because
with the following piece, the variable will be just
assigned the word '$var1' or '$var2'.

<xsl:variable name="prefix">
             <xsl:choose>
                <xsl:when test="$var1">