xsl-list

Re: [xsl] command Line Options for xalan

2006-04-19 05:05:03

Hi,
    It works for me. Probably because you are calling xalan which I presume
is a batch file that calls the xalan class inside. Can you check what's
inside the bat file see if everything's alright.  Or maybe xalan 2.4.1 is
broken.  I've been using version 2.9 for sometime now.

cheers,
prakash

                      Nadia(_dot_)Swaby(_at_)pwc(_dot_)

                      ca                       To:
xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com

                                               cc:      (bcc:
omprakash.v/Polaris)
                      04/19/2006 04:53         Subject: [xsl] command Line
Options for xalan
                      PM

                      Please respond

                      to xsl-list

Hi All,

I am trying to run xalan (for Java 2.4.1) from the command line, with a
parameter and I am tearing my hair out because it doesn't work.  I have
tried the following:

1) xalan -in drm-199.xml -xsl EngineeringDoc_XML.xsl -out drm-1991.xml
-param targdocaudience pw210
This gives me an error saying: Missing argument for option: -PARAM

2) xalan -in drm-199.xml -xsl EngineeringDoc_XML.xsl -param
targdocaudience pw210  -out drm-1991.xml
This gives me an error saying: Missing argument for option: -OUT .  Then it
is output on in the command window (the output looks correct,
btw)

3) xalan -in drm-199.xml  -param targdocaudience pw210  -out drm-1991.xml
-xsl EngineeringDoc_XML.xsl
This gives me an error saying: Missing argument for option: -XSL .

Does anyone know how exactly I am supposed to do this?  I have tried
Google, but no luck.

Thanks

Nadia

--~--

POLARIS, THE LEADER IN SPECIALITY APPLICATION DEVELOPMENT :

Polaris has been awarded the Leader in the category of "Speciality Application
Development" among the Top 100 global Companies from Cyber Media Publications
for the Year 2006.

This e-Mail may contain proprietary and confidential information and is sent
for the intended recipient(s) only.
If by an addressing or transmission error this mail has been misdirected to
you, you are requested to delete this mail immediately.
You are also hereby notified that any use, any form of reproduction,
dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification,
distribution and/or publication of this e-mail message, contents or its
attachment other than by its intended recipient/s is strictly prohibited.

Visit Us at http://www.polaris.co.in