xsl-list

Re: [xsl] XSL make .JSP call?

2006-04-25 08:34:24
"Bruso, John" <jbruso(_at_)SHERIDAN(_dot_)EDU> writes:

Can an XSL style sheet make a .jsp call?

If so, how?

  <xsl:variable name="resultofjsp" select="document('http://mysite/some.jsp')"/>

for that to work however the jsp should produce well-formed XML and
that isn't always the case.

I have an XSL document that renders from XML, but I need to include a
file in the document. It's a complex javascript file. I'm using script
src="{$themePath}/webtrends/sdc.js" type="text/javascript"><xsl:text>
</xsl:text></script> right now, but it has to execute on the client, and
is really slow. I thought if I could include the file in some other way,
say JSP, I could improve the performance.

You could a DTD include, that's client side.

Or include some JS that executes client side to make an AJAX call and
then insert the result DOM into the page DOM.

Nic Ferrier
http://www.tapsellferrier.co.uk
Available for consultations