xsl-list

[xsl] get the sum of a sequence of numbers

2006-04-25 15:09:15
I think this should be easy to do but techniques I am using arent working.

I have template that returns the word count of topics that contain language
attributes and assigns it to a sequence. T

Problem is that when I want total the numbers stored in the sequence using
<xsl:variable name="mbt" select="sum(number($mb))"/> what I get are the numbers
concatenated together when what I want is the total sum of the values of
numbers of which the list consists.  Suggestions on the correct way to do this
in XSL2.0? thanks.