xsl-list

AW: [xsl] xsl:for-each and xml:space with text-nodes inbetween

2006-04-26 02:42:42
Hi,

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: G. Ken Holman [mailto:gkholman(_at_)CraneSoftwrights(_dot_)com]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 25. April 2006 22:44
An: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Betreff: Re: [xsl] xsl:for-each and xml:space with text-nodes
inbetween

[...]

Should any text-node, regardless if it's whitespace-only or not,
be reported as invalid at such a position?

Yes, it is an error, and Saxon reports it as an error, because the
xml:space="preserve" creates a node of the template before the
xsl:sort instruction, which is not allowed.

Using the MSXML .NET Processor, I get the following result:

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8' ?>
<foo> a b c</foo>

I would assess that as a bug ... the space character is clearly part
of the template and the standard does not allow any part of the
template before xsl:sort.

then an error is reported concerning the invalid position of xsl:sort
inside xsl:for-each. I'm confused here.

I think you are confused because of the bug.

[...]

Ah, this makes sense now.
Thank you very much for taking time for this case!

Regards,

Kasimier