xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Detecting a closing tag in xslt

2006-05-04 07:59:25
Hi:

Thank you for your response. This is what I need to achieve:

My PDF looks like this after the transformation:

1. <Textfrom list1>
"END"
<graphic element should go here>

Basically, I need the line "END" after <list1> ends and before the
<graphic> element starts. I tried hardcoding this on the style sheet
but it does not work. Is there any other way to achieve it?

On 5/4/06, Jon Gorman <jonathan(_dot_)gorman(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> wrote:
On 5/4/06, Tech Savvy <tecsavvy(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> wrote:
> Hi:
>
> I have an xml file like this:
>
> <list1>

> </list1>
>
> <graphic>
>
> </graphic>
>
> Is there a way to detect the closing tag </list1> in XSLT?

Ummm, no.  That's the point of the underlying model.  Things get read
into the parser, then the processor deals with the tree of elements,
attributes, and other types of node.  That being said, there might be
some tricky way to force it XSLT 2.0.  If you want to use a streaming
model, there's SAX.

Why do you think you need to see the closing tag?  Odds are there's a
way to do what you want in XSLT.

Jon Gorman

--~--