xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Declaring ns-prefixes for namespaces imported within a generated xml:schema

2006-05-05 07:07:46
Robert Melskens wrote:

To be able to distinguish the namespace of each element I need to create a prefix for each namespace which I will use within the 'ref' attribute of the 'xs:element' element.

You will not have this problem if you will switch from W3C XML Schema to RELAX NG (I don not know whether this is viable solution for you). In RELAX NG you can identify fully qualified names with their local name and namespace name in a separate attributes, there is no need for QName (and thus creating prefix declaration). Like:

<element name="foo" ns="http://example.org/bar";>

  Jirka Kosek     e-mail: jirka(_at_)kosek(_dot_)cz     http://www.kosek.cz
                   Nejbližší termíny školení:
       ** DocBook 15.-17.5.2006 ** XSL-FO 12.-13.6.2006 **
    ** XSLT 23.-26.10.2006 ** XML schémata 13.-15.11.2006 **
  http://xmlguru.cz    Blog mostly about XML for English readers