xsl-list

[xsl] RE: From: "Michael Kay" <mike(_at_)saxonica(_dot_)com> Subject: RE: [xsl] Re: Generating real end notes that can be read by MS Word, Message-ID: <005f01c671d5$d7799500$6401a8c0(_at_)turtle> >> I do not have Word Re: Generating real end notes that can be read by MS Word,

2006-05-07 22:28:08
From: "Michael Kay" <mike(_at_)saxonica(_dot_)com>
>> I do not have Word
>>How are you planning to test your software then?

My editor reads it with Word. And if I can save the file in OO as a Word file and open again as Word and it looks right, that is a close enough for the preliminary test.

My point was that I cannot even find out about writing xml to be read by Word unless I own a license for Word. Which is why I am now working with Open Office Writer xml formats. Not too easy for me, but its good practice in handling namespace, DOCTYPE declarations, attribute-sets and so forth.

Doesn't anyone else have to make footnotes that Word users will accept as real?

Thanks for the comments,

David Riggs, Kyoto