xsl-list

RE: [xsl] xsl:for-each and xml:space with text-nodes inbetween

2006-05-08 10:21:02
Some additional tests revealed that some other processors are
also buggy here. This produces a bit of headache on my side,
since I would like to be compatible with Saxon and Xalan-J,
but it seems like the behaviour of those processors does
deviate from the spec.

Actually, in the case of Saxon, it's not a bug: it was a conscious decision
to treat this as an oversight in the spec. I disallowed it at one stage, and
got a stream of bug reports, and decided that no useful purpose was served
by rejecting these stylesheets. You might disagree with the decision, but
the code is doing what it was designed to do.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/