xsl-list

[xsl] FW: generate left and right sides to block

2006-05-13 05:54:30

I?m working on an xsl-fo transform using xsl 2.0.

This is one of my first projects, so I?m a bit unfamiliar with common
techniques.

I am creating an xslt to transform sales documents (invoices, order
confirmations etc) with output by FOP 0.92beta.

At the top of each document, I have the following output:

|                       |                                               |

|  Area A               |                                               |
area B  |
|                       |                                               |

|                       |                                               |

|                       |                                               |

                                Body of document

Area A has company information like name, address, phone etc. and Area B has
document information like invoice number, date etc.

I can do this using a table with three table-cells and put fo:blocks inside
area A and B for the information, however I wonder if this is the best way.
 I have Dave Pawson?s XSL-FO where, like most CSS advisories?, admonish the
use of tables for layout purposes.

Is there some other more ?natural? way to accomplish this type of goal
without the table or is this the best way?

Rick