xsl-list

RE: [xsl] xml:output indent="yes" wins over xsl:preserve-space/xsl:strip-space?

2006-05-22 08:31:45
In the source document,
rows and cells are not indented; I want them to be indented
in the result document. However, because cells can contain
mixed content, I want space to be preserved inside them.

If you've got mixed content, then it's best to avoid indenting (I think the
serialization spec actually says this). The indentation algorithm for the
XML output method doesn't treat mixed content specially.

You can always add whitespace at key points "by hand" using xsl:text.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/