xsl-list

RE: [xsl] xsl:apply-templates and select option

2006-06-02 07:26:07
David,
Thanks for your reply. If I understand you correctly, here is what I
need to do:

<xsl:stylesheet version="2.0"
xmlns:els="http://www.consumerdirect.com/namespaces";>
        <xsl:import href="copy.xslt"/>
        <xsl:include href="ELSTranslator.xslt"/>
        <xsl:import href="ELSGrouper.xslt"/>
</xsl:stylesheet>
Where translator substitutes the node names and grouper creates groups.
However, I am not able to get that to work. In the above order I get the
substitution but no grouping. Any ideas what may be wrong?!
Thanks.
-r

-----Original Message-----
From: David Carlisle [mailto:davidc(_at_)nag(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk]
Sent: Friday, June 02, 2006 7:20 AM
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: Re: [xsl] xsl:apply-templates and select option

I need to have grouper process the result of sub template, and its not
happening. It instead tries to parse the original xml doc.

In pure XSLT 1 the only way to process the result of a template is to
have two stylesheets, first process to an intermediate document, then
process that document with a second stylesheet.

Most systems offer a node-set() extension function which allows you to
convert the result of applying templates (a result tree fragment
variable) into a node set (which can then be used as the select on an
apply templates).

Or you can use XSLT2 where result tree fragments and node sets are the
same thing, and so no function is needed to coerce between them.

David

--~--