xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Matching sequential elements and suppression of nodes

2006-06-05 05:34:14
Hi Duncan,
 This looks like a positional grouping problem. The following stylesheet:

 <xsl:output method="xml" indent="yes" />

 <xsl:template match="/html">
   <x>
    <xsl:apply-templates select="br" />
   </x>
 </xsl:template>

 <xsl:template
match="br[normalize-space(preceding-sibling::node()[1]) =
''][local-name(preceding-sibling::node()[2]) = 'br'][1]">
   <dl>
     <xsl:call-template name="dummy">
       <xsl:with-param name="nodeset" select="following-sibling::node()" />
     </xsl:call-template>
   </dl>
 </xsl:template>

 <xsl:template name="dummy">
   <xsl:param name="nodeset" />

   <xsl:for-each select="$nodeset">
     <xsl:choose>
       <xsl:when test="self::b">
        <dt><xsl:copy-of select="node()" /></dt>
        </xsl:when>
        <xsl:when test="self::text()[normalize-space() != '']">
          <dd><xsl:copy-of select="." /></dd>
        </xsl:when>
     </xsl:choose>
   </xsl:for-each>